Tree House’s Youth Guarantee programme is now open for enrolments, with a limited number of spaces, so apply as early as possible.
- 19 weeks
All applicants must:
- be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- be 16 to 19 years old at the time the programme commences *
- be able to read, write, and communicate in English at a basic level
- be physically able to complete the programme-specific outcomes
- not achieved a qualification at Level 3 or above on the NZQF
Qualification and outcomes gained:
- New Zealand Certificate in Foundation Skills (Level 2) – Security
- graduates of this qualification will be able to enter the security industry
- during the programme Tree House undertakes to assist learners into employment and/or work experience to ratify the learning they achieve
- in-work support, to assist graduates to retain and progress in their employment for at least 12 months, and / or advice on higher education
- This qualification comprises underpinning knowledge and skills common to security personnel and is a prerequisite for higher level qualifications for personnel in specific areas of the security industry such as site security, event security, retail security, mobile patrol, secure transport, noise control, court security, and community security
- We incorporate the requirement for the Security COA (Certificate of Approval)* component in our programme with a focus on all students gaining employment in the security industry, or progressing to higher education.
- The other main areas of skill development in the programme content are the application of communication skills necessary to work in the conflict situations in a security context, including assessing, planning, positioning, action, reporting to manage conflict. The educational component is designed to allow students the ability to achieve each unit with manageable rates of learning and regular achievements.
*To achieve a Ministry of Justice security ‘Certificate of Approval’ (CoA) applicants must be aged 18 or over.
Apply Now – firstname.lastname@example.org
O800 50 8733